How the "Triple Down Method" Can Transform Your Job HuntSep 17, 2023
In this week's newsletter, I'll be introducing you to a powerful strategy that has not just boosted but supercharged my success in the job market.
It’s called the “Triple Down Method”.
And it basically means I always put 3 times the effort into everything I do.
Why is this approach so crucial?
Well, because the majority of your competition in the job market tends to be complacent or ill-prepared.
Just to a look at these statistics:
- Just 32.9% of people make significant changes to their CVs [Resumes] before they apply for each job they want.
- 47.4% of applicants don't include a cover letter with their application unless the employer specifically asks for one.
- 62% of people only spend 30 minutes on each application they make.
Now, think about it.
While you may not be able to alter your experience, qualifications, or skills overnight, you do have full control over the time and effort you invest in every aspect of your job search.
This approach doesn't just benefit you either; it's equally significant to potential employers.
They are in search of highly motivated individuals who can demonstrate exceptional value.
A basic job application doesn't do that.
And it certainly won't cut it in today's competitive job market.
So, here’s how you can apply the triple-down method in your job search.
Applying for a job
Effort Level 1: Submit a job application
Effort Level 2: Schedule a call with the recruiter or hiring manager to find out more about the role
Effort Level 3: Follow up with a Retail Value Proposition
Reaching out to useful contacts
Effort Level 1: Send a message to that useful contact
Effort Level 2: Follow up with them a further 2 more times if they don’t reply
Effort Level 3: Research the person and personalise your message
When you’ve been rejected by a company
Effort Level 1: Accept the rejection and move on
Effort Level 2: Follow up, asking for feedback
Effort Level 3: Send them a personalised thank you for their time. Reiterating your value once more
When you don’t meet all the criteria for the job you want
Effort Level 1: Apply for the job even if you don't meet all the criteria
Effort Level 2: Compose a cover letter articulating how you would excel in the role, even in the absence of some specific requirements
Effort Level 3: Take proactive steps to acquire and develop the skills or experience needed to bridge the gap
Effort Level 1: Use the same CV (Resume) and Cover Letter for every job application
Effort Level 2: Customise your CV (Resume) a little bit for each job
Effort Level 3: Customise 50%+ of your CV (Resume) and create a new Cover Letter for each job opportunity
In conclusion, the "Triple Down Method" is not merely a strategy; it's a game-changer in the competitive job market. Whether you're applying for a job, reaching out to contacts, dealing with rejection, or facing criteria gaps, committing to this extra effort can genuinely set you apart from the majority of applicants who opt for a more complacent approach.
Happy job hunting!
Whenever you're ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
1. The Job Offer Blueprint: This affordable and comprehensive course will teach you the proven system I used to transform my failed job search. Go from facing online application rejection to securing 1-2 interviews per week with exciting companies. Achieve a better work-life balance without having to compromise your salary. Gain everything you need to start generating results in just 2+ hours.
2. Think you need more 1:2:1 support and accountability? Schedule a free call with me by completing this form. We'll discuss how we can finally make your career change happen by working together.
Escape Retail & Secure An Exciting New Career Without Taking a Salary Cut
Join 1k+ subscribers to the Retail Escape Project Newsletter.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.